November 30-December 7
Friday, Dec. 6
- 6 p.m. 52nd annual Holiday Tree Lighting at Western Oregon University
- Parade through town and lighting of the giant sequoia on WOU's campus
- Photos with Santa, musical performances, crafts and cookies in WOU's Werner University Center
- Live music, wine and refreshments at WOU's Historic Gentle House
- Food trucks in Main St. Park
- Local businesses staying open late and offering specials
- Griswold light competition throughout town - vote for your favorite!
- DUSK Santa's Workshop and Gingerbread Village LED light display in Main St. Park
Saturday, Dec. 7
MAKING SPIRITS BRIGHT EVENTS IN DOWNTOWN MONMOUTH 10A.M. - 2 P.M.
- 8 a.m. packet pick up & 9 a.m. 1k/5k Reindeer Fun Run starting at the amphitheater in Main St. Park. Costumes encouraged! Most Spirited and 5K winners announced on CSD Stage at 10 a.m.
- Making Spirits Bright Events Welcome Tent
- Polar Express Passport to Prizes visit local businesses who will stamp your passport so you can win a valuable prize!
- Holiday Bazaar with locally made items in WOU Tent Main St. Park
- Seasonal Entertainment and Games on the CSD J13 Stage in Main St. Park
- Food & Chili Cook-Off
- Kids Crafts at MaMere's Carriage House thanks to Ash Creek Arts Council
- DUSK Santa's Workshop and Gingerbread Village LED light display in Main St. Park ALL SEASON LONG
- OTHER FUN EVENTS IN OUR COMMUNITY
- Community Breakfast at the Monmouth Senior Center (180 Warren St. S.)
- Senior Holiday Bazaar in Volunteer Hall (144 S. Warren St. S.)
- Church Mouse Lunch (soup, bread, coffee) at St Hilda's (245 Main St. W.)
- Friends of Monmouth Library Annual Book Sale with Mrs. Claus at the library (168 Ecols St. S.)